Yesterday Travis participated in his second triathlon, it was the Appalachian Power Triathlon at Smith Mountain Lake, at sprint distances. The water was 66 degrees and so a wet suit was a must. Addie didn't recognize her Dad in the black suit and ran away from him when he tried to pick her up on the beach, it was his "Spiderman suit". The race was solid with a finish time of 1 hour 34 min beating the previous triathlon by 8 and a half minutes. 5 of those 8 minutes were found in the swim and the rest in the bike. Mom and Dad and Kenny Hall came out to the race. It was a great experience and I can't wait to do another one...in a couple months.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Another Triathlon - Smith Mountain Lake!
Yesterday Travis participated in his second triathlon, it was the Appalachian Power Triathlon at Smith Mountain Lake, at sprint distances. The water was 66 degrees and so a wet suit was a must. Addie didn't recognize her Dad in the black suit and ran away from him when he tried to pick her up on the beach, it was his "Spiderman suit". The race was solid with a finish time of 1 hour 34 min beating the previous triathlon by 8 and a half minutes. 5 of those 8 minutes were found in the swim and the rest in the bike. Mom and Dad and Kenny Hall came out to the race. It was a great experience and I can't wait to do another one...in a couple months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! That's fantastic! I'm impressed with your improvement!
Hey, where can I get one of those pink caps?
-Steve
Hi trav,
You didn't tell me that you did this! That's fantastic how did it go? Was it the olympic one or the sprint? did you improve your times?
love you bro,
Stan
Oh, duh if I had actually read the words I would see that you beat your old record by 8 minutes! Congratulatins, your videos are awesome
Post a Comment